Want to bring harmony and happiness into your space, but don't
know where to start? Think turquoise, teal or aquamarine! From subtle and accessible ways to more permanent embellishments, here are a few styling tips from DIYgirls INTERIOR, to help bring the joy of summer back into your home:
1. Take a look at the background you have in place and chose the tone that you would like to implement. A popular misconception is that a colour needs to be really bright for it to pop in a space. The truth is, light aqua can offer an equally compelling contrast when it's
2. Pair the colour up with radiant hues such as earth tones and light browns, to get a vintage look. Or, cool white for a beach-styled home. Other colours that compliment turquoise well are orange, lime green, golden yellow, navy blue, tomato red, grey and black.
3. Add accents by means of scatters, table lamps, rugs, glassware or pieces of art. The trick is to create a sense of balance by repeating the colour in several places throughout the space, rather than a once-off splash.
2. Re-purpose pieces of furniture, such as a dresser, mirror or an older bed.
3. Paint an accent wall or apply statement wallpaper with pattern and/or texture.
4. Add pops of colour in a kitchen island.
5. Lighten up the exterior of your home by adding a splash of colour to your front door.
#diygirlsinterior #repairwithaflair #homestyling #loveforinterior #interiordesign #interiordesigner #interiordesignideas #interiordecorating #summerinspo #summer2019 #summerstyle #summertrends #colourmyhome #tipsofthetrade @vinettenicholls