• Photo stories •
As I was wandering one day through the nearby woods, I found a spot by a huge stone, where you could hear a gentle murmur of a creek. As I was enjoying my guilty-pleasure bag of crisps, thinking that there is nobody around to remind my consciousness to shame my decisions, I hear this sound, coming from somewhere uphill.
A little girl, with her school back, wad casually strolling downhill, casually playing with a stick, and humming a song or some words I couldn't
As she comes closer, I instictively cover my incredibily-loud-at-the-wrong moment bag of salty chips. We greet each other, and she suddenly takes an interest into this huge rock, drops her school bag onto the humid ground, and starts to fearlessly climb it.
- Are you from the guest house? she asks.
- Yes, I say.
- My sister works there, Georgiana. There are two Georgianas, my sister works in the weekend, part time, during the week she goes to school, she is in her final year of high school. •
your parents waiting for you to come home? I ask, still holding on to the bag of crisps.
- No, they know I like to stop on the way from school to play around.
you afraid to walk by yourself in the forest?
- Not really, I have walked this road many times already
- And in the winter, do you walk to school?
- Sometimes when it is very cold and snowy, we don't
go to school, we stay at home.
- Have you ever been to the city?
- Yes, to Brașov
- And where do you like it more: in the mountains or in the city?
- You better get back home, I am going to continue my walk. Take care and thank you for the conversation.
* * *
I used to be like Maria, fearlessly going forward, doing what I want, climbing all the rocks, and trees, and getting bruised up on the way, but grinning once I've
reached the top, or got what I wanted.
I still am like Maria, when I manage to kick off the anxiety of diving into unknown paths.
And when I finally do, it feels like I have been walking this road many times before. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~